Alberta Medical Association
With membership, the AMA provides many benefits and programs to support practicing physicians. Program highlights include:
AMA Billing Advice and Support Toll-free: 1-800-272-9680
The AMA holds seminars for physicians and billing staff, and provides on-site billing consultations for physicians and staff. This includes fee-for-service and uninsured services billing. A consultant will:
- Help set up a billing system for your new office;
- Evaluate your current billing;
- Explain governing rules, rejections, resubmissions and third party billing;
- Update you on changes to the Schedule of Medical Benefits; and
- Recommend ways to make your billing practices more efficient and effective.
AMA Physician Locum Services Toll-free: 1-800-272-9680
AMA Physician Locum Services makes it easier for rural physicians to take leave from practice for weekends and periods of five days to four weeks. Administered by the Alberta Medical Association (AMA) and funded by Alberta Health and The Alberta Rural Physician Action Plan (RPAP), rural locum service is available for:
- All rural physicians practising and residing in communities with fewer than five physicians,
- Weekend coverage so that weekend call is no more frequent than one-in-four weekends,
- Weekend coverage for physicians who have practised more than nine years in rural Alberta and are older than 54 years of age,
- Coverage in the Northwest Territories when Alberta requests have been filled, and
- Specialist coverage for regional centres outside of Calgary and Edmonton
Towards Optimized Practice (TOP) Toll-free: 1-866-505-3302
Towards Optimized Performance (TOP) helps physicians and their clinical teams to implement best practice guidleines for clinic practices to optimize patient healthcare delivery and efficient clinic and resource management.
AMA Physician and Family Support Program (PFSP) Toll-free: 1-877-262-7377
AMA Counselling Support ( 24 hours per day / 365 days per year) Toll-free: 1-877-767-4637
The Physician and Family Support Program provides free and confidential support support to the physician and their family.
Physician Office System Program (POSP) Toll-free: 1-866-817-3875
The focus is to support physicians with implementing and updating Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems.